Late Breaking Abstracts is open till 31 March 2016.
Abstracts will be accepted for poster only.
Abstracts will only be accepted on-line via www.obesity-summit.eu
Important Note: Review Sessions and Workshops at EOS 2016 will incorporate the highest quality submitted abstracts – giving abstract submitters greater opportunity to present their work orally. The EOS 2016 International Scientific Committee (ISC) will allocate abstracts to review sessions and to oral sessions and their decision will be based purely on quality of abstract. The initial selection for these awards will be made using submitted abstracts – it is therefore important that submitted abstracts are of the highest possible standard.
EOS 2016 Abstract Submission Instructions
- Only online submissions, submitted with a valid email address via the EOS 2016 website, will be considered. Abstracts submitted by post, fax or email will not be considered.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English with maximum words of 325. This includes total number of words in fields: Background & aims, Objectives, Material & methods, Results, Conclusion, References, Acknowledgement. Abstracts which exceed this word count will be automatically rejected.
- Pictures, graphs and tables are allowed only as an attachement. The maximum number of attachements is 2 per abstract. The formate is JPG or PNG only. The maximum size is 2 MB per file.
- Contact details of the submitting author must be provided as part of the abstract submission process. All correspondence will be sent to the submitting author only. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to forward any relevant correspondence to the presenting author.
- At least one listed author of each accepted abstract must register (paying the relevant registration fee) and attend the Congress to present the abstract. If the authors of an accepted abstract fail to present the poster then those authors will be forbidden from submitting abstracts to the EOS congressess for a period of 3 years.
- Submitting authors will be notified of the International Scientific Committee (ISC) decision by late February 2015. The ISC decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Abstract Presentation - Important information
Review Sessions at EOS 2016 will incorporate the highest quality submitted abstracts – giving abstract submitters greater opportunity to present their work orally. Abstracts will also be selected for oral sessions and poster presentation.
Poster Sessions will form an integral part of the EOS 2016 Scientific Programme. Poster Sessions will not conflict with any other sessions meaning that they will not be scheduled at the same time as oral sessions in the programme. Poster authors will be asked to stand by their poster during scheduled poster presentation times. Authors will be notified of the status of their abstract by late February 2015. Further presentation instructions will be given at this time.
Conflict of interest and Funding Disclosure
IFSO EC encourages full disclosure of all relevant sources of funding in relation to abstracts submitted to this congress. Conflict of interest or funding disclosures should be added to the foot of the abstract text (this will not affect the word count).
All accepted abstracts submitted in the standard submission process will be published in the official EOS 2016 Abstract Book, a supplement of Obesity Facts. Hot Topic abstracts will not be published in the journal supplement but will be made available via the EOS 2016 website.
Confirmation of Receipt
Submitting authors will be sent an acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that their abstract has been received. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within three days of your submission, please contact the Congress Secretariat.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 January 2016